This past year has brought more attention to the technology and equipment that police officers use than ever before. With both public officials and the general population pushing for better technology, it is becoming a vital piece of any public safety strategy.
In response to this growth in demand, Motorola Solutions has launched a new body camera for police - the Si500 Video Speaker Microphone.
Is this new camera the right fit for you and your department? Read on to learn everything you need to know about the Si500!
As part of the Motorola Si Series, this body-worn camera is designed to drastically improve the officer’s situational awareness, as well as information gathering and even collecting of evidence. Plus, it maintains all of the key mission critical capabilities that officers rely on in the field.
While most body-worn cameras offer one or two main features (typically real-time video and/or still images), the Si500 actually combines those basic features with more advanced and innovative options. This camera offers:
- Real-time video
- Voice Communications
- Still Images
- Voice Recording
- Emergency Alerting
This device reduces the amount of equipment that officers have to wear in the field by eliminating the need for multiple cameras, microphones, and alert systems. It is simply a single device that actually does it all - and does it well.
- Capture Critical Events
- Precise recording with a 210 degree articulating camera lens
- Realistic low-light performance
- Prominent slider initiates recording manually or automatically
- Pre-buffering captures physical evidence up to 60 seconds prior to initiating a recording trigger
- Adaptive Audio Engine
- Five integrated microphones
- Adaptive dual-sided operation
- Adaptive noise-suppression
- Adaptive speaker equalization
- And More
- Weight - 220g-240g (standard VS high-capacity battery)
- Emergency Button - Optional, Programmable
- Built-In Speaker - .5 watt
- Video Internal Memory - 32GB
- Recording Resolutions - 1080p, 720p, VGA
- Recording Format - MP4
- Display Screen - Gorilla Glass 4 Impact Protection, 3.2” transflective
- Low Light Performance - .5 Lux
- Vibration Notification - Yes
- Battery Life - 10-18 hours (standard VS high-capacity battery)
- Audio Output - 100+ phon
- Noise Reduction - 5 Integrated microphones with adaptive audio engine
If you are interested in learning more about finding the right public safety technology and equipment for your department, contact Chicago Communications today or leave a comment below!