Chicago Communications, LLC located in Elmhurst, Illinois seeks a highly qualified and motivated individual to fill an open, full-time position of Field Technician.
The Field Technician position reports to the Service Supervisor. He/She is responsible for repairing mission-critical wireless communications equipment, including two-way radios and radio systems, mobile data and in-vehicle fleet equipment, 911, CCTV, broadband, and networking infrastructure around the Tri-State area.
Candidates should possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Candidates should also be capable of taking the initiative and working independently and in a team environment. Additionally, candidates should have a minimum of a certification or degree in electronics, computer technology, networking, or a related field or at least two years of experience working in the two-way radio, microwave, computer, or networking field.
Essential Job Functions:
• Taking and responding to service calls promptly
• Completing service call repairs on time; staying on-site until repair completed
• Escalating any service issues to Service Supervisor
• Communicating regularly to service call Dispatcher and customer regarding repair
• Utilizing problem-solving skills to properly diagnose the problem
• Ensuring service issues are fully resolved and customer confirmation of resolution before leaving the site
• Maintaining and submitting proper and complete repair records
• Performing any other duties as assigned by the Service Supervisor, Service Director, or Management
• Ability to work 40 hours per week
• Ability to work overtime if needed
• Ability to periodically travel with overnight stay(s).
• Available to be in 24x7 on-call rotation
• Joining I.B.E.W. Local Union #134
• A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• Must clear a background check and drug screen
• Proficiency in the English language including proper usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
• Ability to read and use schematics
• Knowledge of basic electrical systems and proper load configurations
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability and experience using test equipment
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to follow company policies and procedures
• Ability and openness to learning new technologies and applications
• Efficiency in working with computers and computer software/data entry programs (e.g. Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.)
• A minimum of a certification or degree in electronics, computer technology, networking, or a related field or at least two years of experience working in the two-way radio, microwave, computer, or networking field.
• Great working environment
• Factory training
• Company vehicle as required
• 401K/Retirement Plan
• Medical/Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Ten Paid Holidays
• Paid Sick / Personal Business Days
• Paid Vacation
• Flexible Benefits
• Uniform shirts/outerwear
• Competitive hourly wage (based on experience)
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (630) 832-7599.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
We Participate in E-Verify